The mitzvah garden crew is in need of a couple of volunteers to help water the garden this year. Training will be provided. Hours/days are flexible and can be adjusted to your schedule. Please contact the office if you are interested and able to help us provide food for those in need in our community.
Ways to Contribute in the Lexington Community
- Kentucky Blood Center – Click here for more info or call 800-775-2522.
- The Red Cross – Click here to schedule a donation time.
3. Volunteer to pack and deliver meals for Meals on Wheels.
4. Volunteer with Glean Kentucky, a Lexington based non-profit serving as the vital link between food waste and food insecurity. Watch this video and if you think you’d like to help, sign up to be a volunteer.
5. The Community Response Coalition of Kentucky (CRCKY), an entirely volunteer-run organization, helps provide community support to families negatively impacted by immigration enforcement. They provide COVID-19 assistance; rent and utilities assistance to people with life-threatening illness; community resources; legal services; and ICE detention services.
Volunteers are needed in the following positions:
– Intake Workers
– Food delivery personnel
– Board members
– Social media coordinators
– Volunteers to table at community events
– PR material translators (includes flyers, social media, etc.)
To get involved, visit their volunteer page.