- Kentucky Blood Center is providing free COVOD-19 antibody testing for all blood donors. Click here for more info or call 800-775-2522.
- The Red Cross is also providing free COVID-19 antibody testing for all blood donors. Click here to schedule a donation time.
3. Volunteer to pack and deliver meals for Meals on Wheels.
4. Volunteer with Glean Kentucky, a Lexington based non-profit serving as the vital link between food waste and food insecurity. Watch this video and if you think you’d like to help, sign up to be a volunteer.
5. The Community Response Coalition of Kentucky (CRCKY) helps immigrants who have tested positive for Covid-19 and are ineligible for government assistance. They assist clients with one month of rent and utilities as well as with food. God’s Pantry gives a lot of CRCKY clients food. However, there are times when God’s Pantry is closed and clients still need food. In those situations, the CRCKY volunteers deliver food to clients.
Needed items include: Atole packets (corn based drink mix), canned vegetables, cereal, condensed milk, instant coffee, non-perishable milk (in cartons that don’t need to be refrigerated), pinto beans, sugar, spaghetti, toilet paper, tortillas, tuna, vegetable oil, white flour, white rice
To get involved, visit their volunteer page.
6. Donate Many people in our state are struggling with power and water shortages due to the recent winter storms. Donations can be directed to:
Big Sandy Area Community Action Fun
Hickman Holler Relief Fund