Ways to Contribute in the Lexington Community
- Kentucky Blood Center – Click here for more info or call 800-775-2522.
- The Red Cross – Click here to schedule a donation time.
3. Volunteer to pack and deliver meals for Meals on Wheels.
4. Volunteer with Glean Kentucky, a Lexington based non-profit serving as the vital link between food waste and food insecurity. Watch this video and if you think you’d like to help, sign up to be a volunteer.
5. The Community Response Coalition of Kentucky (CRCKY), an entirely volunteer-run organization, helps provide community support to families negatively impacted by immigration enforcement. They provide COVID-19 assistance; rent and utilities assistance to people with life-threatening illness; community resources; legal services; and ICE detention services.
Volunteers are needed in the following positions:
– Intake Workers
– Food delivery personnel
– Board members
– Social media coordinators
– Volunteers to table at community events
– PR material translators (includes flyers, social media, etc.)
To get involved, visit their volunteer page.