Around the World
Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by Hurricane Idalia. TAI Member and longtime Red Cross Volunteer, David Silver, has been sent to the region to assist those in need. Please consider a contribution to the Red Cross or other relief organization.
We pray for all those impacted by the devastating fire in Maui, especially the residents of Lahaina; and for all those who are joining in the relief efforts. In addition to the Red Cross, please consider monetary donations to the organizations listed below.
Hawaii Community Foundation
Maui United Way
Council For Native Hawaiian Advancement
Your help is needed now more than ever to vital necessities to Jews in Ukraine, and to the tens of thousands of refugees in neighboring countries.
Donate to JDC
Ways to Contribute in the Lexington Community
- Kentucky Blood Center – Click here for more info or call 800-775-2522.
- The Red Cross – Click here to schedule a donation time.
3. Volunteer to pack and deliver meals for Meals on Wheels.
4. Volunteer with Glean Kentucky, a Lexington based non-profit serving as the vital link between food waste and food insecurity. Watch this video and if you think you’d like to help, sign up to be a volunteer.
5. The Community Response Coalition of Kentucky (CRCKY), an entirely volunteer-run organization, helps provide community support to families negatively impacted by immigration enforcement. They provide COVID-19 assistance; rent and utilities assistance to people with life-threatening illness; community resources; legal services; and ICE detention services.
Volunteers are needed in the following positions:
– Intake Workers
– Food delivery personnel-9:00 am to 11:00 am on Saturdays. CRCKY is also about to enter into a new collaboration with Woodhill International Market. They will provide us with boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables. Volunteers are needed to pick up and deliver boxes of food from the Woodhill Community Center between 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm on Thursdays. We are very excited to add another source of fresh fruits and vegetables to our delivery roster, but we need volunteers to make this happen.
– Board members
– Social media coordinators
– Volunteers to table at community events
– PR material translators (includes flyers, social media, etc.)
To get involved, visit their volunteer page.